Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) implies the management of routers, firewalls, switches, storage devices, data centers, desktops, servers, printers etc. And, these resources are remotely managed by remote delivery centers.
The major RIM services include:-
• IT Help desk service
• Server management
• Desktop service
• Data warehouse management service
• Application service
However, the most important service is data storage management.
By optimizing these services, clients can fitly modify the usage of storage devices and others which leads to the protection of any important data. The most important part of remote infrastructure management is IT infrastructure and applications.
The precise benefit that enterprises can avail by implementing RIM services are reduced operational costs up to 30%, and can run their business smoothly.
Advantages of implementing RIM services:
• Clear and flexible contracts.
• Aligning business demands with costs.
• Integrated governance and service management.
• Offering process maturity excellence and business-and-IT alignment.
• Greater proactive intervention.
• Business process improvements.
• Faster and flexible service.
• Lower risk of IT failure.
• Low up-front investment.
• 24/7 operational monitoring.
• Second-line support and escalation.
Enterprise level benefits of remote infrastructure management services:
1. Helping clients to maximizing IT performance.
2. Reducing downtime by 24 by 7 monitoring and proactive problem identification
3. IT-Helpdesk raising call request tickets, and escalating tickets to resolve issues.
4. Cost-effective IT-solutions.
5. Long-term dispute-free association.
Enterprises that have large IT-infrastructure and huge database to manage can opt to outsource and implement – Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM).
Researchers on RIM services have proved significantly that companies implemented RIM services resulted in saving cost to near 30% and more. This aid in efficient administration and reduction in the IT management costs by delivering expert technical assistance. RIM services can deliver plenty of benefits. It further assists in standardizing support processes and helps enterprises in right sizing their resources. Implementing RIM not only support cost reduction but also increase business value in the market.
Shriv ComMedia Solutions (SCMS) is software development house in India. The software company handles various offshore remote infrastructure management projects. Also, the software development services include Big Data management, AI integrated mobile apps for iOS and Android platforms, architecture development & research, and analysis to meet the project requirements.